Monday, October 5, 2009

Worrying?... Why?



First off let me start by saying WOW it's been a long time coming for this but I am ready to start this blogging back up. It was a definitely a stress reliever. (As you have seen in the past)

So where did I leave off? Hmmm... Lets see. I was going through a rough divorce, trying to get out of the Army and had no luck doing so? Right.

OK so now it's 8 months later... divorced finally, out of the Army and have a wonderful girlfriend living in the great state of Ohio. =P

However... you know there is going to be a but.... however... a pause in on how awesome my life is going................ right? So what am I going to talk about?

One simple word that captivates us in everything we do. Worrying.

Worrying

worry - verb
worried, worrying, worries verb, intransitive
1. To feel uneasy or concerned about something; be troubled.

Matthew 6:25-34 (The Message)

25-26"If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

27-29"Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.

30-33"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

I love this verse for one reason. Worryment walks hand in hand with fear. I admit I can worry about A LOT of things. Which in essence makes me scared.

2 Timothy 1:7 (New Century Version)
7 - God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control.

Why be afraid? Because you don't know whats going to come around the next corner? Or how high the next hill will be? God created man male and female, after his own image, in knowledge, righteousness, and holiness, with dominion over the creatures. So why in all that is holy are you worried and afraid? I write this because its what I need to hear. Since April I have worried about a job. Stressed myself and those around me and even hurt the ones who hurt me with my worryment and fear of not having a job and not paying the bills. I look at Matthew 6:25-34 and it sums it all up for me. "If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting"

This speaks truth and how much God is in control of my life and how he isnt. He's in control... has me in the palm of his hand. However I'm afraid to do the "Trust Test" and just fall back and let him catch me in his ever loving grace, power, and wonder. I worry about a job... bills... money... making people happy and even whether or not I am being a good boyfriend and step-dad. All this time thinking about everything else when God is SCREAMING into my ears "Let it go! What about you? Why aren't you making yourself happy?"

I'm a naturally happy person by trade however, have a serious case of the worries and fear for everything that surrounds my life. So much so it has damaged some family relationships, my love relationship, and overall me being a man. I watched a 3 year old boy today watch "Finding Nemo" 5 times in a row. And not once did he worry about bills, relationships, family, money, or friends. However all he cared about the most was what Nemo was doing at that time, and hoping I didn't give him water instead of juice in his sippy cup. I took my class ring off today and just started examining it today and remembered I had engraved 1 Corinthians 13:11 on inside of the band. At that very moment where a 3 year old's only worries are Finding Nemo and his sippy cup, God spoke to my heart and made me realize worrying about everything is pointless. Makes you get old faster.... I would know, my girlfriend told me she found gray hairs on my head. =P

1 Corinthians 13:11 (New Living Translation)

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

We worry cause deep down inside were nothing but children that has had a fear to grow up spiritually.

If you like that last quote that's CaseyElliotJames2009 Copyright =P

* The Many Trips Syndrome: worry is like studying a road map; you go over every inch of the trip again and again in your mind. You invest a tremendous amount of time, energy, and emotion on imaginary problems i.e. trips. Satan torments you to take the trip again and again and the majority of these trips never occur in real life.

* There are only two kinds of things you can worry about:

The kind of thing that you can't do anything about; so do not worry, pray instead!
The kind of thing you can do something about; so do it instead of worrying!


Matthew 9:20-21 (English Standard Version)
20 And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, 21 for she said to herself, "If I only touch his garment, I will be made well."

Having faith and believing, being positive will ultimately be the healing behind worrying.


"We worry cause deep down inside were nothing but children that has had a fear to grow up spiritually."








No comments: